The interaction between humans is more complex than the interactions between other animal species. Human behavior is greatly influenced and governed by social, religious, and legal guidelines. A sociologist studies these behaviors and the influences that preserve certain behaviors and change others. Sociology is is a broad science, covering many different disciplines the social sciences. Sociology is the study of group life. As a social science, it combines scientific and humanistic perspectives in the study of urban, and rural life, family patterns and relationships, social change, social policy, intergroup relations, social class, environment, technology and communications, health care and illness, social movements, community responses to disasters, and many other social issues. The Bachelor of Arts degree provides strong liberal arts preparation for entry level positions throughout the business, social service, and government worlds.
- *Marriage Counselor
- *Clinical Social Worker
- Human Services Caseworker
- *Adoption Therapist
- International Business
- Admissions Counselor
- Market Researcher
- Probation Officer
- Non-Profit Program Administration
- Social and Community Service Managers
*May require additional education or certification
- 2016 Annual median salary for Probation Officers is $56,330; employment is expected to grow 8% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Social and Community Service Managers is $70,570; employment is expected to grow 27% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Market Research Analysts is $64,670; employment is expected to grow 46`% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Social Workers is $51,100; employment is expected to grow 37% by 2024.
For More Information
T. Rowe Price Career and Innovation Center
Read More About
We study criminal justice, race and crime, law and society, juvenile delinquency, drugs, youth gangs, restorative justice, and at-risk youth.
We study development, global feminism, food security, and social movements.